Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dear Friends

This time last year we were looking at jobs everywhere in the country from Dallas to Michigan I had applied and interviewed everywhere. This was bittersweet because the Lord has really given me an incredible group of friends and loving community that seeks after the Lord with all that they are. I had this in college and was so blessed to find this here in Katy so quickly! When we found out we were pregnant and we told everyone we were staying because I would stay at home with Luke, they were thrilled and little did we know how much of an impact and blessing they would be to us. I can call or text any one of them with a prayer, for help, for encouragement. I can call any one of them in the middle of the night crying because of my crazy hormones or a crying baby that can't be calmed. I love them, each of them is so different yet so precious to me!



I have no idea what I would do if I was in Michigan when I found out I was pregnant. Lord I thank you for all my friends and all the mothers who have mentored me, loved me, reached out to me, and prayed for me in every circumstance. Being in community like this, surrounded by God-fearing women, has been a crucial piece of my spiritual formation and I am so thankful for every woman that has been in my life! I love you all!

"A friend loves at all times..." Proverbs 17:7

No comments:

Post a Comment